Zobra.ru » Games » Tom Clancy's The Division 2 » Ubisoft has no plans to release The Division 2 in Steam

Ubisoft has no plans to release The Division 2 in Steam

Ubisoft has no plans to release The Division 2 in Steam Tom Clancy's The Division 2


Ubisoft and Epic Games join forces to release a computer game publisher, including Tom Clancy's The Division 2 in the Epic Games Store.

The Division 2 will be a partial exclusive to the trading platform Epic Games Store on Windows. "Partial" means that Ubisoft also plans to sell games through its own store Uplay. Thus, for example, The Division 2 will not be able to come out on Steam, despite the fact that previously, the game was listed in the list of services. Ubisoft representatives reported that currently they have no plans to release future titles on Steam.

Epic launched its digital games store in December, offering the authors a better rate of sales than Steam: 88% of the proceeds will go to the pockets of developers and Epic Games will take the remaining 12%. Meanwhile, Steam offer less favorable conditions, where 30% of the revenue Valve takes. Because Steam games bring in more money, the share of income increases in favour of the developers, but it still does not correspond to what Epic offers. And while Valve provides more tools and services for developers on Steam, it is obvious that the proposals of the Epic may be more appealing to some creators of games.
Aртем Семёнов
+ 0 -
  • Views: 32
  • Date: 01 January 2019 13:00

Popular posts

News other games

Loading...